Welcome to Equipoise Imaging, LLC.
... the arts of science
Equipoise Imaging, LLC has used its innovative spectral imaging techniques to change the world of antiquities imaging. Our EurekaVision system is being used to gather data with exquisite sensitivity and unparalleled color accuracy from some of the most treasured antiquities on the planet. Past and ongoing project partners include:
- The Waldseemuller Map, Library of Congress, Washington DC.
- The Declaration of Independence, Library of Congress, Washington DC.
- The Archimedes Palimpsest, Walters Art Museum, Baltimore MD.
- The Dead Sea Scrolls, Israel Museum, Jerusalem, Israel.
- The Palimpsests of St. Catherine's Monastery, Sinai Peninsula, Egypt.
- Manuscripts of the British Library collection, London, UK.
- David Livingstone's Journals from East Africa, National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Letters by William Faulkner, University of Mississippi, Oxford MS.
- The Oxyrhynchus Papyrii, the Sackler Library, Oxford, England.
- Stevens-Brown Ptolemy Map, Brown University, Providence RI.
- Numerous paintings by important masters and emerging artists, at major museums and in private collections around the world.
We apply tools first developed for scientific research that are ideally suited to applications in the arts and humanities. Techniques used in biotechnology, medical research, remote sensing and microchip evaluation are helping solve the riddles of the past, from discovery of archeological ruins to reconstruction of fossilized bones of early humans and bygone species, from detection of early life forms to probing ancient art objects.
Equipoise Imaging, LLC has broad success in using advanced imaging, analytical techniques, and computation for biotechnology and remote sensing applications, and is successfully applying this expertise to parallel problems in the humanities.
Recent and ongoing work with clients and partners in the cultural heritage, humanities, and remote sensing communities includes:
- Multi-Spectral Imaging of ancient manuscripts to discover hidden writings
- Spectroscopic Analysis of cultural heritage materials
- Fluorescence Imaging for recovery of faint content and
conservation studies of manuscripts and solid objects
- Polarized Light Imaging of advanced materials and objects
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy of documents in forensics
- Video Microscopy, including spectral properties of dynamic scenes
- Object Recognition
- 3D Imaging of cultural heritage and art objects
- Virtual 3D Reconstruction of museums objects
...science of the arts
Please contact Equipoise Imaging at email@example.com